- Volunteers complement the work of our staff and their specific roles can be varied, and may include
- supporting young people in a community setting to complete their reparation or service to the community
- providing one to one support to young people to assist them in making positive changes in their lives and to stop offending
- encouraging young people to have goals and aspirations for the future and assisting them in taking actions to achieve their potential
- assisting young people in complying with their bail conditions, supporting and motivating them, and where necessary accompanying them to key appointments or court appearances
The Youth Justice Agency greatly values the important contribution volunteers make in helping us to address offending by young people.