The Northern Ireland Courts and Tribunals Service (NICTS) has announced that it will temporarily relocate all court business from Londonderry Courthouse, for an eight week period from 9 July to the beginning of September 2018.
The relocation is necessary to allow extensive essential maintenance work to be carried out on the building.
All Family and Youth business will move to Coleraine Courthouse and all other business to Omagh Courthouse. However, public counter services will be maintained at Londonderry Courthouse throughout the closure of the courts.
Peter Luney, Acting Chief Executive of the Northern Ireland Courts and Tribunals Service said; “We acknowledge that some disruption is inevitable, however every effort has been made to minimise this, including carrying out the essential works over the Summer Recess period.
"The health and safety of court users is paramount and the patience and co-operation of the judiciary, legal professionals, staff and the public during this time is greatly appreciated.”
Those affected by changes to listings due to the relocation will be notified by letter.
Anyone who thinks they may be affected by changes to listings and has not received a notification can contact NICTS/Londonderry Courthouse on 0300 200 7812 or email@example.com. Listings can also be checked online at: https://onlineservices.courtsni.gov.uk/publiccourtlists/
Contact details for the NICTS are available at https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/northern-ireland-courts-and-tribunals-service
Notes to editors:
1. All media enquiries should be directed to the Department of Justice Press Office on 028 9052 6444. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- New arrangements for Court business due to take place at Bishop Street on Monday 20 January 2019
- Three new Royal Ulster Constabulary George Cross (RUC GC) Foundation Trustees appointed 08 January 2019
- Sixty eight prisoners granted Christmas Home Leave 21 December 2018
- Prisons announce review of pre-release testing processes 19 December 2018