- Prison visits are an important part of helping prisoners to stay in contact with their families and friends.
Booking an in-person visit
The prisoner will have been given a booking reference which they will pass on to you before you book the visit by telephoning the
If you have a reference number and would like to book a virtual visit call:
- Maghaberry Prison: 0300 200 7866
- Magilligan Prison: 0300 200 7866
- Hydebank Wood College: 0300 200 7866
You should continue to follow PHA guidance regarding COVID-19 available on the NIDirect website.
How to arrange a virtual visit
A virtual visit, lasting up to 20 minutes, can be booked by a family member using a personal computer, iPad or smartphone, and th
prisoners and their families are able to see and speak with each other.
The person in prison will be given a booking reference which they will pass on to you before you book the visit by telephoning the
You will need to provide an email address at the time of the booking to receive a user guide and the instructions for connecting.
This is a new service and during the initial period there may be a significant volume of calls or some unexpected issues. The Prison Service would ask for your patience at this challenging time.
- Guide to arranging an online visit
- Privacy notice explaining your rights to privacy when you arrange an online visit
All virtual visits are supervised and any behaviour, language or actions which are inappropriate will see the virtual visit terminated.