Justice Minister Naomi Long has announced a three month extension to the term of the current Probation Board for Northern Ireland Chair and Board Members.
The terms will be extended from 30 November 2021 to 28 February 2022.
The Minister said: “I am extending these appointments taking account of a range of factors, including the impact of the pandemic. I am grateful to those members who are able to commit to another three months’ service and thank all members for their work, particularly during the challenging circumstances within which we currently operate.”
The positions are part-time appointments.
The Chair position attracts a fixed remuneration of £33,010 per annum for a commitment of two days per week. The Board members’ positions attract a fixed remuneration of £5,050 per annum for a minimum time commitment of 2 days per month.
Notes to editors:
1. The Probation Board is a Non-Departmental Public Body sponsored by the Department of Justice; its statutory responsibilities are set out in the Probation Board (NI) Order 1982. The Board is normally appointed by, and accountable to, the Department of Justice. The Board consists of a Chair, a Deputy Chair and not less than 10 or more than 18 other members.
2. More information can be found on the Probation Board website https://www.pbni.org.uk/
3. The current term of three years commenced on 1 December 2018.
4. The agreement of the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland for this extension was sought and received.
5. An appointment competition to establish a new Probation Board from 1 March 2022 will commence later in 2021.
6. For media enquiries contact the Department of Justice Press Office at email@example.com
7. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted out of hours on 028 9037 8110.
- Justice Minister announces the establishment of a Victims of Crime Commissioner Designate 21 September 2021
- The Northern Ireland Prison Population 2020/21 report published today 17 September 2021
- Long: New legislation will protect the most vulnerable 13 September 2021
- Key messages for legal aid suppliers - August 2021 10 September 2021