Newry Courthouse is to temporarily redirect its business from Wednesday 1 November 2023 due to flooding in the city.
Due to the severe flooding in Newry, the decision has been taken to temporarily close Newry Courthouse and move the scheduled Magistrates’ Courts to Craigavon Courthouse, Court 1, from Wednesday 1 November 2023.
This is a temporary measure to allow for remedial works to take place and to make sure the staff and public are kept safe. Court business will return to Newry Courthouse as soon as possible.
The Department of Justice is working to minimise any disruption to service and will provide updates as necessary.
Notes to editors:
1. For media enquiries contact the Department of Justice Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted out of hours on 028 9037 8110.
- Departments of Justice and Communities launch anti-social behaviour consultation 28 November 2023
- Major milestone for sexual offences legislation 27 November 2023
- Cyber Crime, Modern Slavery and Sentencing: Findings from the 2021/22 NI Safe Community Telephone Survey published today 24 November 2023
- Permanent Secretary visits Lough Neagh Rescue 24 November 2023