Justice Minister Naomi Long has expressed her shock following the fatal shooting of a 48 year old garda officer.
Naomi Long said: “Last night Detective Garda Colm Horkan lost his life while he was on duty, serving and protecting his local community in county Roscommon.
“I want to express my sincere sympathy to his family, friends and colleagues as they come to t ermswith this awful news.”
Notes to editors:
1. All media enquiries should be directed to the Department of Justice Press Office by emailing Press.Office@justice-ni.x.gsi.gov.uk
2. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110
- Key messages for legal aid suppliers - July 2022 12 August 2022
- CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) PANDEMIC - Court Business Continuity Arrangements - updated 5 August 2022 05 August 2022
- Applications invited for Assets Recovery Community Scheme (ARCS) funding to prevent crime in communities – Long 05 August 2022
- Long launches public consultation on audio and video ‘live links’ for court and tribunal hearings 29 July 2022