Justice Minister Naomi Long has expressed her shock following the fatal shooting of a 48 year old garda officer.
Naomi Long said: “Last night Detective Garda Colm Horkan lost his life while he was on duty, serving and protecting his local community in county Roscommon.
“I want to express my sincere sympathy to his family, friends and colleagues as they come to t ermswith this awful news.”
Notes to editors:
1. All media enquiries should be directed to the Department of Justice Press Office by emailing Press.Office@justice-ni.x.gsi.gov.uk
2. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110
- Long announces consultation on biometric proposals 03 July 2020
- Ministers publish domestic and sexual abuse action plan and progress report 03 July 2020
- Weekly summary for COVID-19 Interim Payment Scheme requests by legal aid suppliers - week ending 26 June 2020 03 July 2020
- Justice Minister Naomi Long has welcomed moves to ease restrictions on visiting prisons 03 July 2020