Justice Minister Naomi Long has condemned those responsible for the arson attack against a serving member of the police.
Naomi Long said: “This is an appalling and cowardly attack on a PSNI officer, at their home, where they should be safe.
“I don’t underestimate the distress that is caused by an incident of this nature at a family home.
“Our police officers put their lives on the line on a daily basis to keep us all safe. My thoughts are with this officer, their family and colleagues.
“This violence achieves absolutely nothing and needs to stop.
“I would encourage anyone with information about this intolerable incident to contact PSNI or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111."
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries should be directed to the Department of Justice Press Office via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow the department on Twitter @Justice_NI(external link opens in a new window / tab)
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Magilligan and Hydebank prisoners prize winners in major writing competitions 14 May 2021
- Key messages for legal aid suppliers - April 2021 07 May 2021
- Consultation on ‘Improving the Experiences of Victims and Witnesses in the Criminal Justice System’ launched 05 May 2021
- Long launches Consultation on Legal Aid for Mediation in Non-Family Civil Cases 04 May 2021