Justice Minister Naomi Long has condemned those responsible for the arson attack against a serving member of the police.
Naomi Long said: “This is an appalling and cowardly attack on a PSNI officer, at their home, where they should be safe.
“I don’t underestimate the distress that is caused by an incident of this nature at a family home.
“Our police officers put their lives on the line on a daily basis to keep us all safe. My thoughts are with this officer, their family and colleagues.
“This violence achieves absolutely nothing and needs to stop.
“I would encourage anyone with information about this intolerable incident to contact PSNI or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111."
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries should be directed to the Department of Justice Press Office via email to: email@example.com
- Follow the department on Twitter @Justice_NI(external link opens in a new window / tab)
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Care and Justice Campus consultation report published 16 June 2021
- New online Probate Portal launched 14 June 2021
- Illegal money lending used as a means to control and exploit vulnerable people 14 June 2021
- Long encourages applications on anniversary of the removal of the Same Household Rule 09 June 2021