The Department for Justice is seeking to recruit three lay advisers for Public Protection Arrangements in Northern Ireland (PPANI).
What are Public Protection Arrangements?
Government bodies are required to work together to jointly assess and manage the risk posed by certain offenders in the community.
Assessment and review of the arrangements is undertaken by Strategic Management Boards. These Boards comprise representatives of organisations, including PSNI, the NI Prison Service, PBNI and social services, along with lay advisers appointed by the Department of Justice.
What is a lay adviser?
The role of lay adviser involves becoming familiar with the risk management structures, contributing to meetings and providing the Boards with an objective lay perspective on how the arrangements are operating.
It does not involve taking active part in the assessment and risk management process for individuals subject to PPANI oversight.
Who can apply?
The Department of Justice is committed to providing equality of opportunity and welcomes applications regardless of gender, age, marital status, disability, religion, ethnic origin, political opinion, sexual orientation or whether or not you have dependants.
We particularly welcome applications from women, who are currently under-represented on the Boards.
Will I be remunerated?
A commitment of 8-16 hours per month is required and remuneration is £5,000 per annum.
How do I apply?
Interested applicants can apply via www.publicprotectionni.com/open-positions
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is 3pm Friday 20th January 2023.
Notes to editors:
1. A Candidate Information Booklet and Application form can be downloaded from the Public Protection NI website or requested by telephoning 028 9025 9612.
2. Application packs can be provided in alternative formats upon request such as braille, large print, audio, etc
3. Media enquiries should be directed to the Department of Justice Press Office via Email
4. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- 10 January 2023
- Have your say on tackling Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking 06 January 2023
- Imprisoned dads at Maghaberry have special Christmas gift for children 18 December 2022
- New Parole Commissioners for Northern Ireland announced. 09 December 2022