In line with government guidance, Courts and Tribunals business has continued during the period of National Mourning following the passing of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II.
Most hearings will not take place on 19 September 2022. However plans are being put in place for emergency court sittings and urgent business if required. All Courts and Tribunals business that was due to take place on 19th September is being rescheduled, with the parties notified.
Further information relating to court business has been announced by the Lady Chief Justice and is available on the home page of the judiciaryni website.
Notes to editors:
- Department of Justice media enquiries should be directed to the Department of Justice Press Office via email
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted out of hours on 028 9037 8110
- Long updates MLAs on commitment to youth justice system 06 October 2022
- Long increases small claims court limit 03 October 2022
- Long launches public consultation on the minimum age of criminal responsibility 03 October 2022
- Apply for Halloween firework licences in good time – Justice Minister 03 October 2022