The Department of Justice has today launched a recruitment competition for Non-Executive Board members (NEBMs).
This recruitment competition is to fill vacancies for the Department’s Management Board and for two of its agencies; Forensic Science Northern Ireland and the Legal Services Agency Northern Ireland.
Launching the competition, the Department’s Permanent Secretary, Peter May said, “This is an exciting and valuable opportunity to make a real difference to the running of a public body and to ensure that public resources are managed effectively.
“The successful applicants will play an important role on Departmental and Agency Boards and the respective Audit and Risk Assurance Committees by bringing an external and independent perspective. They will perform this invaluable role by using their experience to support and challenge Executive members of the Board.
“Their external view adds significantly to the corporate decision-making process and enables me, as Accounting Officer, to gain assurance on governance and risk management issues.
“I am very keen that we have a wide and diverse pool of talent for these important appointments. If you believe you have the necessary ability, experience, enthusiasm and could make a positive contribution to the work of the Department and its agencies then I very much look forward to hearing from you.”
Notes to editors:
1. Candidate information packs and applications forms are available at the publication section of this website. Copies are also available as follows:
Telephone: 028 905 26222
By writing to:Department of Justice
Block B, Castle Buildings
2. The deadline for receipt of applications is 12:00 GMT on Friday, 7 May 2021.
3. For media enquiries please contact DoJ Press Office via email at email@example.com
- Key messages for legal aid suppliers - April 2021 07 May 2021
- Consultation on ‘Improving the Experiences of Victims and Witnesses in the Criminal Justice System’ launched 05 May 2021
- Long launches Consultation on Legal Aid for Mediation in Non-Family Civil Cases 04 May 2021
- Independent Assessor of PSNI Recruitment Vetting appointed 04 May 2021