The Legal Services Agency (LSA) will be hosting a series of online sessions to provide information to support practitioners and their employees in the completion of legal aid applications and the associated requests.
All sessions will be delivered virtually via MS Teams and are open to all members of the profession and their employees. If you wish to attend you will be required to register in advance via Booking - Legal Aid 'How to....' Sessions. The sessions are free of charge and details are as follows:
- 08/02/2024 - 1pm - requests for payment and remuneration redetermination
- 22/02/2024 - 1pm - financial eligibility & means testing
- 07/03/2024 - 1pm - submitting an application / review / appeal
- 21/03/2024 - 1pm - LAMS and Dashboard reports
When booking please select the date associated with the chosen topic. Places will be limited so only select the session(s) that will be relevant to you. Please view our session flyer for information.
Please note that CPD points are available for attendance at these sessions.
- Justice Minister Naomi Long is extending the Sexual Offences Legal Advisers pilot scheme until March 2025. 15 February 2024
- Consultation on criminal assets recovery Codes of Practice launched 15 February 2024
- Long welcomes pilot scheme for filming in courts 09 February 2024
- Justice Minister welcomes inspection findings for Maghaberry and Magilligan 08 February 2024