Access to the Department of Justice (DOJ) equality information and equality information published by DOJ agencies and DOJ sponsored bodies where that information is available online.
DOJ equality scheme
- The Department of Justice equality scheme 2015
- Annual report to the Equality Commission for Northern Ireland
- Equality action plans
Under Section 49 of the Disability Discrimination (NI) Order 2006, referred to as “the disability duties”, the Department of Justice, when exercising its functions, must have due regard to the need
- to promote positive attitudes towards disabled people
- to encourage participation by disabled people in public life
The disability duties require the Department to submit to the Equality Commission for Northern Ireland (ECNI) a disability action plan (DAP) showing how it proposes to fulfil the disability duties in relation to its functions.
Policies screened, Rural and Equality Impact Assessments
In fulfilling its obligations under Section 75 the Department is required to equality screen all of its policies and services under consideration to determine whether they should be subject to a full equality impact assessment (EQIA).
- 01 July to 30 September 2016
- 01 April to 30 September 2017
- October 2017 to March 2018
- April 2018 to March 2019
- April 2019 to March 2020
Consultations Policies Screened, Rural and Equality Impact Assessments
- Bereavement Damages
- The review tribunal amendment rules Northern Ireland
- Prohibition of cross-examination in family proceedings rural impact assessment and equality screening form
- Compassionate Temporary Release
- Amendment to Judicial Pensions Regulations (NI) 2015
- Safety, Security and Premises: Use of Close Circuit Television
- Current and past consultations