The Department is also seeking your views on proposals to:
- move from a fee for the grant of firearm certificate to a fee for an application.
- extend the current provision introduced by Section 103 of the Justice Act (Northern Ireland) 2011 that allows a firearms dealer to vary any firearm for that of a same calibre and type.
- reduce the age at which young people can use shotguns and airguns, with a kinetic energy in excess of 1 joule, to 12 in certain circumstances.
- remove the need for the Chief Constable to issue certificates of approval for a holder of a FAC or shotgun certificate in Great Britain travelling to Northern Ireland.
- introduce a new fee for a variation by a Dealer, certificate of approval for an airgun and variation of a museum licence.
- enable a copy of the original European Firearms Pass (EFP) to be submitted rather than the original when seeking a Visitor’s Firearm Permit.
- The Firearms (Northern Ireland) Order 2004
- Summary of responses