Justice Minister Claire Sugden has launched a campaign to recruit Consultant Forensic Pathologists for the State Pathologist’s Department.
Justice Minister Claire Sugden said “This is an exciting opportunity to play a vital role in Northern Ireland’s justice system and join a forensic pathology service which is internationally renowned.”
The State Pathologist’s Department (SPD) serves the citizens of Northern Ireland by providing an independent forensic pathology service to the coroners and Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI).
Applications are sought from qualified consultants who believe they can bring the necessary experience, professionalism and knowledge to this post.
Minister Sugden concluded: “I would encourage any eligible Forensic Pathologist to take up this opportunity to apply for a position within this world class service.”
Notes to editors:
- For information enquiries about either role, please contact Dr Lisbeth van Cauwenberghe via Lisbeth.VanCauwenberghe@perrettlaver.com or +44 (0) 207 340 6200. To apply or download further details of this appointment please visit Perrett Laver website quoting reference number:2298.
- The deadline for applications is 09.00 GMT on Friday 5th August 2016.
- The Department of Justice is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- All media enquiries should be directed to the Department of Justice Press Office 028 9052 6139. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via page number 07699 715440 and your call will be returned.
- Appointed Person under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 12 August 2019
- Department of Justice secures £200,000 for voluntary search and rescue groups 08 August 2019
- ‘Ending the Harm’ public awareness campaign on so called ‘paramilitary style attacks’ relaunched 05 August 2019
- Maghaberry Prison show garden wins National Trust gold award 02 August 2019