Justice Minister Naomi Long has launched the public appointment competition for a Victims of Crime Commissioner Designate for Northern Ireland.
Naomi Long said “The Victims of Crime Commissioner Designate is a new and important role that will provide a voice for victims of crime, promote best practice and drive improvements in relation to policies, practices and services to meet the needs of victims of crime.
“This is a high profile position which will present its challenges. It is essential that applicants are able to demonstrate experience of working with and understanding the needs and interests of victims of crime.”
“The launch of the appointment competition for this new position marks a significant step forward for victims of crime. I would like to encourage all those who feel they can fulfil this important role to make an application before the deadline of 12 noon on 5 November 2021.”
The Victims of Crime Commissioner Designate is a full time post for a 3 year term, with a potential extension for a further 1 year. The remuneration for the position is currently £74,912 per annum. The post is pensionable.
Details on the public appointment competition including selection criteria and how to apply for the role can be found on the NICS Recruitment website.
Notes to editors:
1. For media enquiries contact the Department of Justice Press Office at email@example.com
2. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted out of hours on 028 9037 8110.
- Key messages for legal aid suppliers - July 2022 12 August 2022
- CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) PANDEMIC - Court Business Continuity Arrangements - updated 5 August 2022 05 August 2022
- Applications invited for Assets Recovery Community Scheme (ARCS) funding to prevent crime in communities – Long 05 August 2022
- Long launches public consultation on audio and video ‘live links’ for court and tribunal hearings 29 July 2022