Richard Pengelly, Permanent Secretary at the Department of Justice, visited Lough Neagh Rescue (LNR) at their Antrim base to promote the work of Northern Ireland Search and Rescue (NISAR), and to highlight a £101,000 allocation of resource funding delivered by the Department for 2023/24 to the NISAR voluntary groups.
Lough Neagh Rescue, with 55 volunteers based at Kinnego Marina, Battery Harbour, Arboe and at Antrim Marina, used their grant funding to purchase much needed life vests for use by volunteers during search and rescue operations on Lough Neagh. Included in the picture are LNR crew members Janet Kidd and Richard Ruddock.
Notes to editors:
1. All media enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Justice Minister Naomi Long is extending the Sexual Offences Legal Advisers pilot scheme until March 2025. 15 February 2024
- Consultation on criminal assets recovery Codes of Practice launched 15 February 2024
- Long welcomes pilot scheme for filming in courts 09 February 2024
- Justice Minister welcomes inspection findings for Maghaberry and Magilligan 08 February 2024