Justice Minister Naomi Long has condemned last night’s murder of a man in west Belfast.
Naomi Long said: “I unreservedly condemn this senseless and brutal murder and offer my deepest sympathies to the family. There is no place for the gun in our society and those responsible for this appalling crime have left a family grieving and a community in shock.
“Our first responders are dealing with an unprecedented health emergency and are trying to protect and save lives. It is beyond comprehension why anyone would divert them from those lifesaving duties at this or any other time.
“I would urge anyone with information to pass it to the police on the 101 number or to the Crimestoppers charity on 0800 555 111.”
Notes to editors:
1. All media enquiries should be directed to the Department of Justice Press Office via email on firstname.lastname@example.org for out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Justice Minister praises police search operation 06 June 2020
- Long: Those behind device beyond reckless 05 June 2020
- Long: Drugs seizure sends clear message to crime gangs 04 June 2020
- Ministers remind public to act responsibly and stay safe 03 June 2020