Justice Minister Naomi Long has announced the appointment of Neil Bodger as the new Deputy Chair of the Probation Board for Northern Ireland.
The Minister said: “I wish to thank Neil for taking on this role in support of the Chair and his colleagues in the Probation Board.”
Mr Bodger will serve as Deputy Chair until the term of the current Board ends on 28th February 2022.
Notes to editors:
1. The Probation Board for Northern Ireland is a non-departmental public body sponsored by the Department of Justice (DOJ). Its statutory responsibilities are set out in the Probation Board (NI) Order 1982.
2. The Board currently comprises a Chairperson and ten members.
3. The Deputy Chair is appointed from within the Board members.
4. The procedure for the appointment is compliant with the Commissioner for Public Appointments Northern Ireland Code of Practice.
5. The role of Deputy Chair does not attract any additional remuneration.
6. A pen picture of Mr Bodger can be found on the Probation Board website at https://www.pbni.org.uk/about-us/board/board-structure/
7. For all media queries, please contact the Press Office via email: email@example.com
8. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Key messages for legal aid suppliers - July 2021 05 August 2021
- Long and Swann publish action plan to support better outcomes for separating families 05 August 2021
- Long publishes plan to deliver vital change to the civil and family justice system 04 August 2021
- Terms extended for current Probation Board for Northern Ireland Chair and Board members 26 July 2021