Justice Minister Naomi Long has announced the appointment of Neil Bodger as the new Deputy Chair of the Probation Board for Northern Ireland.
The Minister said: “I wish to thank Neil for taking on this role in support of the Chair and his colleagues in the Probation Board.”
Mr Bodger will serve as Deputy Chair until the term of the current Board ends on 28th February 2022.
Notes to editors:
1. The Probation Board for Northern Ireland is a non-departmental public body sponsored by the Department of Justice (DOJ). Its statutory responsibilities are set out in the Probation Board (NI) Order 1982.
2. The Board currently comprises a Chairperson and ten members.
3. The Deputy Chair is appointed from within the Board members.
4. The procedure for the appointment is compliant with the Commissioner for Public Appointments Northern Ireland Code of Practice.
5. The role of Deputy Chair does not attract any additional remuneration.
6. A pen picture of Mr Bodger can be found on the Probation Board website at https://www.pbni.org.uk/about-us/board/board-structure/
7. For all media queries, please contact the Press Office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Competition launched for Chair and Board Members for Probation Board for Northern Ireland 21 October 2021
- New church facility for Magilligan Prison officially opened by Justice Minister 17 October 2021
- Dogs invaluable in fight against drugs in prisons - Long 15 October 2021
- Long listens to experiences of people affected by domestic abuse 14 October 2021