Justice Minister David Ford has condemned the murder of a man in the Short Strand area of Belfast.
David Ford said: “I unreservedly condemn this senseless murder and offer my deepest sympathies to the family. Those responsible for this appalling crime have left a family grieving and a community in shock. There is no place for the gun in our society and it is time to stop these attacks. I would urge anyone with information to pass it to the police on the 101 number or to the Crimestoppers charity on 0800 555 111.”
Notes to editors:
1. For all media enquiries, please contact the DOJ Press Office on 028 9052 6444. Out of office hours, please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07699 715440 and your call will be returned.
- COVID-19 LATEST UPDATES DoJ Core and Agencies 25 March 2020
- Statement from the Northern Ireland Prison Service 25 March 2020
- Visits suspended in Northern Ireland Prisons in response to Covid-19 20 March 2020
- Key messages for legal suppliers - February 2020 19 March 2020