Justice Minister David Ford has condemned the murder of a man in the Short Strand area of Belfast.
David Ford said: “I unreservedly condemn this senseless murder and offer my deepest sympathies to the family. Those responsible for this appalling crime have left a family grieving and a community in shock. There is no place for the gun in our society and it is time to stop these attacks. I would urge anyone with information to pass it to the police on the 101 number or to the Crimestoppers charity on 0800 555 111.”
Notes to editors:
1. For all media enquiries, please contact the DOJ Press Office on 028 9052 6444. Out of office hours, please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07699 715440 and your call will be returned.
- Long seeks views on new organised crime offences and a draft organised crime strategy for Northern Ireland 10 July 2020
- First Time Entrants to the Justice System in Northern Ireland 2018/19 published today 10 July 2020
- Key messages for legal aid suppliers - June 2020 09 July 2020
- Weekly summary for COVID-19 Interim Payment Scheme requests by legal aid suppliers - week ending 3 July 2020 09 July 2020