Justice Minister David Ford has said the bomb left at the Waterfoot Hotel was an attack on the community.
David Ford said: "It is clear that whoever left this device was targeting the local community using the Hotel facilities. The PSNI event had been cancelled and only Hotel guests were in the vicinity.
"This senseless attack and the hoaxes in other locations are to be condemned without reservation. Early indications are that a large number of people are interested in joining the PSNI, and this should send a clear signal to any individual or group that the people of Northern Ireland have moved on and there is no support for violence.
"I would urge anyone with information about these incidents to pass it to the police or to the Crimestoppers charity on 0800 555 111."
Notes to editors:
- All media enquiries should be directed to the Department of Justice Press Office on 028 9052 6444. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 0769 971 5440 and your call will be returned.
- First Time Entrants to the Justice System in Northern Ireland 2017/18’ published today 26 June 2019
- Competition launched for an Independent Chairperson to NI Search and Rescue Practioner Group 13 June 2019
- New Board member appointed to the Northern Ireland Police Fund 10 June 2019
- Department of Justice appoints new Prisoner Ombudsman 09 June 2019