The Department of Justice has launched a competition to appoint six new Criminal Justice Commissioners to the Parole Commissioners for Northern Ireland.
The Parole Commissioners for Northern Ireland is an independent body, critical to the process of deciding whether offenders eligible for parole are safe to release back into the community. Public protection is always paramount and painstaking risk assessment is the key to making a robust decision.
These are important positions and applicants are being sought who will bring a wealth of knowledge and experience, as well as the necessary high degree of independence and professionalism.
Anyone with an interest in and knowledge of the criminal justice system, and who believes they have the necessary attributes and experience to make a positive contribution to the work of the Parole Commissioners, is encouraged to apply.
Applications close at 12:00 midday on Thursday 23 May 2019. For more information call: 028 9052 6196.
Candidate information packs and application forms are available at https://www.justice-ni.gov.uk/publications/parole-commissioners-recruitment .Copies are also available by telephoning 028 9052 6196 or 028 9052 8122 or by emailing email@example.com
Notes to editors:
1. All media enquiries should be directed to the Department of Justice Press Office on 028 9052 6444. Out of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- COVID-19 LATEST UPDATES DoJ Core and Agencies 01 April 2020
- Long Introduces Legislation For A New Domestic Abuse Offence 31 March 2020
- Covid-19 – Temporary Release of Prisoners Scheme 30 March 2020
- Statement from the Northern Ireland Prison Service 25 March 2020