The Department of Justice has launched a recruitment competition to appoint a Chair and 12 Board Members for the Probation Board for Northern Ireland (PBNI).
The role of the Probation Board is to help make communities safer by challenging and changing the behaviour of offenders. PBNI carries out a wide range of functions, from the provision of assessments and reports to the courts to working directly with prisoners preparing them for their subsequence resettlement in the community.
The Chair of the Board will be expected to provide strategic leadership and direction and will work closely with the Chief Executive. Board Members will support the Chair and their responsibilities will also include ensuring that PBNI complies with all statutory requirements for the use of public resources.
Anyone with an interest in the criminal justice system who believes they have the necessary attributes and experience to make a positive contribution to the work of the Probation Board is encouraged to apply.
Applications close at 12:00 noon on Friday 14 September 2018. For more information call: 028 9076 5759.
For candidate information packs and applications forms for Chair and Board Member positions visit Justice-NI appointments.
Copies are also available by telephoning 028 9076 5759 or 028 9052 8122 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
1. All media enquiries should be directed to the Department of Justice Press Office on 028 9052 6444. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via number 028 9037 8110 and your call will be returned.
- Report published on impact of sex purchase offence 18 September 2019
- Continued success in the fight against organised crime groups operating in Northern Ireland 18 September 2019
- Business Crime Partnership launches its Business Crime Survey 18 September 2019
- New Independent Chair appointed to Northern Ireland Search and Rescue Group 12 September 2019