The Department of Justice is seeking to recruit a Chairperson and four Board Members for the Northern Ireland Police Fund (NIPF).
The NIPF provides care and financial assistance to police officers and ex-officers injured or disabled as a direct result of terrorism, and to the families of police officers injured or killed through terrorism.
The appointments for three of the Board Members are expected to begin in October 2023.
The appointments of the Chair and the fourth Board Member are expected to begin in April 2024.
All the appointments will be for a term of up to four years.
The time commitment required for the position of Chairperson is four to five days per month, including preparation and attendance at a monthly Board meeting. The remuneration is £6,000 per annum.
The time commitment required for Board members is one day per month, including attendance at a minimum of six Board meetings and five committee meetings per year. Board Members are not remunerated.
Applications close at 12:00 midday on Thursday 11 May 2023. For more information call: 028 9052 6496 or 028 9052 0037
Notes to editors:
1. Candidate information packs and applications forms are available at:
2. Copies are also available as follows:
Telephone: 028 9052 6496 or 028 9052 0037
By writing to: NIPF Competition 2023,
Department of Justice, Public Appointments,
Room B5.12, Castle Buildings, Stormont Estate,
Belfast, BT4 3SG.
3. The Department of Justice is committed to the principles of public appointments based on merit with independent assessment, openness and transparency of process. The Department is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all applicants. Applications are welcomed regardless of age, gender, disability, marital status, religion, ethnic origin, political opinion, sexual orientation or whether or not you have dependents. In keeping with the NICS Policy on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, we would also welcome applications from those not currently serving on public bodies.
4. Applications are particularly welcome from people from minority ethnic, women, those under the age of 40, and people with a disability, who are currently under-represented on the NIPF Board.
5. For all media enquiries, please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org
6. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The Duty Press Officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Sexual offences: changes in privacy and anonymity protections for victims and suspects 28 September 2023
- Prison chief welcomes progress report on care and supervision units 28 September 2023
- Official opening of Belfast Remote Evidence Centre 28 September 2023
- Northern Ireland Youth Justice Agency Annual Workload Statistics 2022/23 published today 14 September 2023